Truth about corruption by Congress
In these elections, some political parties are seeking your support with the promise that they will eliminate corruption. It’s your right as well as your duty to know the truth about corruption. We urge you to take a decision only after thoroughly examining the claims being made by these parties. Please have a look at these points before casting your vote.
- While the Congress brought the RTI Act in 2005, RTI activists like Amit Jetwa were killed in Gujarat. The names of many BJP leaders came up in connection with his murder. His only fault: asking questions of the government. (Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/bjp-mp-behind-murder-rti-activists-family/article1-575531.aspx)
- The Lokpal was brought in by the Congress but in Gujarat, the government did not appoint a Lokayukta for 10 years. When the Governor did appoint a Lokayukta, what did the state government do? It spent Rs 45 crore through an NGO to initiate legal proceedings against the appointment. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Narendra-Modi-government-funded-NGOs-proxy-war-against-Lokayukta/articleshow/21737944.cms
- The Supreme Court found Gujarat Minister Smt Anandiben Patel guilty in a land distribution case. But the government took no action against her and she still continues as a Cabinet Minister.http://news.oneindia.in/india/sc-pulls-up-gujarat-minister-anandiben-patel-arrogance-power-1382185.html
- The main accused in Rs 400 crore Fisheries Scam Shri Purshottam Solanki still continues to grace the Gujarat Cabinet with his presence. http://zeenews.india.com/news/gujarat/guj-hc-upholds-guv-order-to-prosecute-bjp-minister-solanki_800761.html
- While Congress took action against those found guilty of corruption, Shri Yeddyurappa smoothly found his way back to the party after his stint in prison. http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/yeddyurappa-gets-bail-will-leave-jail-soon-147825
- To usher in greater transparency, the UPA decided to go for the auctioning of coal blocks. The CAG said that private parties made profits to the tune of Rs 1.86 crore because of the a delay in implementing the auction policy. The reason for the delay was the pressure that was being exerted by state governments. It is for this reason that the government was forced to continue with the 1993 policy. Please note that the NDA made no change in the 1993 policy during their 6 and a half year tenure.
- If the policy was an old one and mining didn’t start even in a single mine, where does the question of loss arise?http://pmindia.gov.in/pmsinparliament.php?nodeid=62
- The CBI is inquiring into the cases in which officials did not follow the required procedures. The guilty will be brought to book.
- The story of the 2-G allocations is also similar.There are two aspects to this issue. First, government policy and second, the manner in which it was implemented by A Raja.
- The case against Raja is pending before the court. If he is found guilty, he will be punished.
- As far as the policy is concerned, we adopted the same policy that was followed by the NDA. The objective of this policy is providing mobile connectivity to the people at affordable rates.
- The CAG has alleged that not going for an auction has caused losses to the exchequer. But the government’s aim was to provide affordable mobile rates to the people and not maximising revenue. The UPA used the auction of 3-G spectrum to increase the country’s revenue and allocated 2-G spectrum to provide mobile connectivity to the poor. As far as the policy is concerned, it enabled crores of Indians to move forward. (http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-11-29/news/35432953_1_cag-s-2g-uas-licences-mhz)
- Commonwealth Games Scam accused Suresh Kalmadi was removed as chairman Indian Olympic Committee by our government,. His case is being tried by the courts. The Congress has denied him a ticket in the Lok Sabha elections.But the BJP welcomed Shri B.S. Yeddyurappa with open arms after his return from jail.
The truth often gets drowned in the din of elections. This is especially so when the masters of lies and false propaganda have the highest decibels. We are putting the truth in front of you. However, it is your duty to examine the facts yourself and make an informed choice.
If you agree with these facts, please share them with your friends.